Some new topics...

Been working on my contribution to a workshop that will form part of the GA's conference next week. Tom Biebrach, Fred Martin and I will be speaking next week to 50 ecstatic (by the end) delegates...
The workshop is called 'Transforming Tired Topics' and will look at what makes a topic 'tired' (and are there 'untired' ones ?)
Is it the topic or the teaching ? The context ? The repetition ?
All of these and more will be explored and 'transformed' next Saturday morning. We hope....
Here are a few thoughts I've been working on recently for 'alternative' case studies...
(this is not the whole story...)
Food and Farming / Industrial production and location: the Pot Noodle factory in Crumlin, South Wales

Tesco in Sheringham: comparison between the planned store, and the proposed GREENHOUSE COUNTRY STORE, which contains some fascinating local connections....
Atomic Tourism in Las Vegas
This has been something I blogged about a couple of years ago initially, as part of my Cultural Geography explorations. I am grateful to David Lambert for bringing me the items in the above image back from his visit to Las Vegas for the AAG conference. Some excellent stuff in the book top left, and the iconic image with the cowboy bottom left. I'm yet to eat the Toxic Waste bar...

Comments