Mystery object....

Have just received a 'mystery' bottle through the post...
It's not a mystery to me, as the geographer friend who sent it to me told me what it was, and some pictures of the circumstances of its collection...
Any one guess what might be in the bottle ?

Update
Val sent me this image of sunrise at Erg Chebbi from where the sand was located...
Well done to all who guessed the mystery substance.... even Anne Greaves...

Update 2: SAGT Flickr pool now has Morocco photos - plenty more to come

Comments

Angus Willson said…
Intrigue...

My guess is sand, but where from?
Three guesses:
a) St Andrews (cheating a bit: that would be Kenny)
b) Wadi Rum, Jordan (the country, not from Katie Price)
c) Saharan sand (Morroco?)

But why?
Alan Parkinson said…
Hi Angus...
Sand it is... and it is indeed from the Sahara...

From Val Vannet who's just returned from the SAGT trip to Morocco...