OU Frozen Planet Course

If I had the time, I'd quite like to do this course, which has been developed by the Open University.
It accompanies the current BBC series. It's a 10 credit undergraduate course. You can get a flavour for the unit here.

The frozen planet is one of a series of short, flexible 10-credit courses introducing fascinating topics in science. This course explores the wonder of the polar world and explains how ice has shaped – and controls – our planet. It also enables you to try out an area of study before you commit yourself to a longer course, or top up your knowledge and skills between longer courses It has a choice of start dates and you decide how long to take over your studies: eight to ten weeks or up to five months.


I think I might sign up to do the course in February 2012, as by then I will have come to the end of two longer-term projects, and also have a bit of income with which to pay the course fees.

In the meantime, I'm going to do some reading and incorporate the region into some of the writing projects that I'm going to do.

Comments