...and the winner is .... me...

Last night was the final of 'Masterchef' and it was good to see that Shelina was confirmed as the winner.

In the last week or so I've also been lucky in winning a couple of prizes.

The first was a Custom Made Ordnance Survey map. These can be ordered from the OS. You can choose the point that they are centred on, and the cover and the name, and they are then delivered to you either flat or folded. I'm going to get a map centred on my house - not actually got a map of the area other than the one my daughter got in the final year of the Year 7 OS Free maps scheme. Don't forget the DIGIMAP FOR SCHOOLS site which has replaced the paper maps scheme. My EDUCATION PACK for KS3 / GCSE is being prepared for release...

Follow @osleisure on Twitter to hear about their other competitions - there's one running at the moment to identify a celebrity's house in London.

The second prize is a copy of 'TheNatural Explorer' by Tristan Gooley.

I've already mentioned this book before on the blog.
As Tristan says of the book:

Geographers, meteorologists, rangers, geologists, farmers, soldiers, biologists, archaeologists, housewives, psychologists, astronomers, children, foragers… all see the world we travel through slightly differently, but each is capable of insight that leads to a sense of connection with their landscape. I was repeatedly witness to the fact that the most sublime and joyous of these insights can lead to moments of wonder.



These things usually come in threes, so I am off out to buy a lottery ticket :)

Comments