Obar Dheathain

After the SAGT conference was over two weeks ago (see previous blog posts) it was out and onto a train to Aberdeen.
The early sunset meant the more spectacular elements of the journey were lost in the dark, as we moved through Stirling, Dunblane and Perth, and on towards the coast and Stonehaven, dozing and listening to music.
The following morning, I woke to a wet day, which affected our plans to explore too much.
I had a tour around Aberdeen, including a visit to 'Fittie' which had featured on the news a week earlier as it was full of sea foam, and also made it to Dunnottar Castle, on a dramatic headland near Stonehaven, which was the castle which influenced PIXAR when making the film 'Brave': the subject of my SAGT session.


The following day I ran two 3-hour sessions at Robert Gordon's College.

The focus was on the new qualifications for the Scottish curriculum. National 4 & 5 will replace Standard Grade and Intermediate 1 & 2. Higher and Advanced Higher will remain although there will be changes to them.

I have created a twitter feed for the National 5 Geography in particular: @Nat5Geography
Thanks to Liz (and Ian) Crisp for their hospitality, and also for organising the event that had brought me so far north...
I may well be back next year...

Image: Liz Crisp

Comments