GA Conference 2015 - one week away

A week today, the GA Conference will be underway in Manchester, on the first main day of lectures and workshops. There will also be a Teachmeet and Beermeet in the evening, and I am also meeting colleagues from the GeoCapabilities project that I'm involved with.

A few things to plan ahead for...

a) Lecture 6 on Thursday afternoon is being given by my HoD Claire Kyndt and I.
We'll be in lecture theatre D7 from 1.50 ... 'The Impact of the Ordinary', sharing stories of what we've been up to this year. You've also got a few days left to submit an application to work with us from September.

b) Pick up a copy of 'Notes and Queries' from the IS SIG stand - there's a good article on Technology and 'A' level Geography in there that I wrote....

c) Browse the exhibition and see what's on offer... I guess the Awarding body stands will be busy with people wanting to find out the new specifications. There'll also be the odd thing that I wrote or contributed to around the place...

d) Come and see the folks in the IDEAS ZONE where there will once again be Mission:Explore and Follow the Things Lego activities...

e) Don't forget to follow (and tweet using) the hashtag #gaconf15

f) Keep an eye out for me and the other GA Secondary Phase Committee members in our conference hoodies this year !

I'll be blogging the event as I have done for the last 10 years now on various blogs and websites...
Say hello if you see me.

Comments

Geogmemos said…
Conference hoodies, great idea...
Alan Parkinson said…
Organised by Emma Johns on the committee...