Cloud Appreciation Society Conference

I spent Saturday this week down at the Royal Geographical Society in London, for the first Cloud Appreciation Society Conference.

The society has been going for 10 years now, and I was an early member. I went with my colleague Claire, a fellow cloud geek.

There was an article on Gavin Pretor-Pinney: the founder in the Telegraph a few days ago, providing some background on the society.

There was an eclectic array of speakers and musical interludes, and I will be posting more details on some of the individual sessions over the next week or so when I have time. There was also news of an update to the Cloud Spotter iPhone app.

Here's the short video that kicked off the conference.


Cloud Appreciation Society - Somerset Aspirations from Wayfarer Media Ltd on Vimeo.

A short film Wayfarer made for Gavin Pretor-Pinney's brilliantly named 'Cloud Appreciation Society.'

Debut screening at the CAS's conference at the Royal Geographical Society on September 26th, 2015.

Comments