GA Conference 2017 - programme now live..

It's time to get your booking done for the GA Conference if you want to take advantage of the EARLY BIRD rate. This ends on the 6th of January 2017.



You can see the programme now on the PROGRAMME PAGE too.
Booking is live - I've just booked my place.

I've just had a browse through and there are some real highlights ahead.
Peter Gibbs is giving the public lecture, on his time in Antarctica.
There's not one but two lectures by Margaret Roberts, which are an essential for every person who attends, particularly recently qualified teachers.
There are several research papers, including one from Professor Shailey Minocha, who is working with the Google Expeditions VR headsets.
There's also a range of workshop being presented by SPC colleagues, including one with me and Bethan Laing on how to answer the more challenging new GCSE questions, in a session we called 'No more tiers'. There's a lecture by Danny Dorling, a series of GIS workshops and plenty from Primary colleagues, including Sharon Witt's follow up to Pigeon Geography with some Geo-gnomes. There are also several sessions relating to the GeoCapabilities project I've been involved with for a couple of years.

There's also the Beermeet and Teachmeet on the Friday night... I've signed up to speak on why after 25 years I'm still not a good teacher...

And finally, my workshop on the Friday along with Lucy Tutton of the British Red Cross related to the work I did to write their resource on the Nepal Earthquake as a hazards toolkit.


See you there I hope....


Comments