Growing cities

Lagos is growing, and fast... It has come from nowhere to become one of the largest cities in the world.
When I was writing the OCR 'A' and 'B' books, I was originally going to have a whole large section on the city, but after consulting with urban expert Alex Schafran I decided that it would be difficult to find a suitable UK city to compare with it...
For that reason, in the end, I decided to go for Leeds, as a city which I had some familiarity with, and Rosario: a city I haven't visited, but which Alex had, and which sits in a similar position in terms of its relative importance as an urban centre within Argentina. There were other similarities which means that the two are 'comparable' in a way that Lagos wouldn't have been...

This BBC Interactive website has been produced by Alastair Leithead, and as you scroll down, it reveals information about this fascinating city, which would be useful for OCR 'B' as it sits alongside the section in Chapter 9.
Scroll down the site and the content reveals itself...

Comments