Ice Flows Game

I spent some time in the last couple of weeks before half term, and also last week, exploring some of the resources that I wrote during the summer to accompany the Ice Flows Game, with some of my Year 8 students.
We were exploring the nature of ice as it flows, and the game, which I have blogged about previously, was developed by Anne le Brocq from Exeter University.

We used some of the activities from the pack which will be appearing soon,  and I got some useful feedback on them from students, who enjoyed the experience.

They were interested to hear that this sort of game is developed by a university, and were also keen to see if there were other versions of the game, or further changes in the pipeline. One of the things that we encountered were some of the new help options.
Here are some photos and screenshots from the lessons as a slideshow:

Comments